Tuesday, February 17, 2015

#LentChallenge2015 UPDATE!

http://margaretfeinberg.com/lent-2015-begin/
We, my little family, and I decided to join Margaret Feinberg and the Lent Challenge for 2015.  The plan is available on youversion that does the work for you, under "The 40-Day Gospel Bible Reading Challenge."



Also, I found 36 different ideas to do as random acts of kindness (#RAK) and have extra copies of a few of them to make 40 #RAK that will we do this year.  I am super excited about this.  I have them in the jar and everything. 

Each day, I will post the #RAK that was picked and you can decide if you want to do it, too.  If you do, please share in the comments and our little family will enjoy reading about your experience. 

As far as fasting goes, the boys decided to put screen time limits on themselves when they are at their grandparent's home on Friday and Saturday,  They also are going to make sure they plan outside an hour before asking to have any screen time here at home.  (They already have a one hour time limit during the week). 

Our daughter, who is 17 years old, decided to fast from "extras."  That means anything that is not the main food is out.  She will not snack or have any sweets Mon - Sat. 

We elect to have a "feast day" and while that is usually Sunday, we are flexible if there is something that warrants changing the feast day. 

Yours truly is going to limit her social media use to 30 minutes a day.  Setting a timer works well for me, so I am excited to see God work through this fast.

What are you doing?  Are you fasting?  Adding? 
#LentChallenge2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!