Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Lent: Day 29/46

I know, I know.  Lent is 40 days.  There are, however, six Sundays that are not counted in the Lent count but they are days on my calendar and in my Bible plan reader

In these 29 days, we have read all of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Act and we finished Romans last night!  Today begins the first letter to the church at Corinth.  I am so excited!

I've been astonished, amazed, and yes, cried on several occasions.  I felt Peter's pain when he denied Christ three times before the rooster crowed.  I felt Jesus' eyes bore into Peter's, as if they were my own. 

Peter replied, “Man, I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed.   
 61 The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.” 62 And he went outside and wept bitterly. (Luke 22:60-62 NIV)

The Voice translates is this way:
Peter: 60 Look, I have no idea what you’re talking about. 
And he hadn’t even finished the sentence when a nearby rooster crowed. 61 The Lord turned toward Peter, and their eyes met. Peter remembered Jesus’ words about his triple denial before the rooster would crow, 62 so he left the courtyard and wept bitter tears.
I've been challenged.  I've been reminded that the gift of my salvation is not free.  It was the most expensive gift ever given; and it is priceless.  Someone, my Lord, died in order for me to have the gift of eternal life.


We have each had our own challenges with our fasting, the hardest week so far, being Spring Break (for the boys) and Impact Tour (for Sky). 

Every now and then, we lovingly remind one another of our fast and encourage each other to stay strong in Jesus. 

My favorite part: snuggles while listening to our chapters.



#LentChallenge

1 comment:

  1. So grateful for that gift of salvation. So thrilled you are enjoying the #LentChallenge Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! I may not reply to each one but know that I read each and every comment.

May God Bless You!